The historic Cadillac Hotel was rescued and re-opened in late 2008, after languishing and idle for decades. Great care has been taken to restore it to its orginal state and with period style fixtures, fittings and furniture. It is a significant triumph for Las Tunas, Islazul and the Minstry of Tourism.
The Hotel Cadillac was built in 1945 in the shape of a big ship and gives the impression of being anchored to the boulevard. Its central location allows easy access to the city’s historical, cultural and commercial centers such as the Jose Marti Plaza (with its sun clock and sea calendar), the Tunas Theatre, the Provincial Museum and the Major Gen. Vicente Garcia Gonzalez Memorial, a living memory of the leader who ordered the burning of the city on September 26, 1876 before turning it over to the Spanish enemy.
The small hotel has 8 standard rooms, 2 junior suites, night club, bar-cafeteria, and roof terrace.